I have been a bad blogger. It’s been almost a month since I posted something. It’s not that I haven’t been cooking, I have! It’s just the combo of being really busy and enjoying the summer. Spending nights eating outside on the pool deck and taking advantage of hot summer nights.
In the summer I try to make simple things so that I have more free time to lounge at the pool but I want everything to still taste really great. BBQ chicken is a great quick dish. I always have my homemade Bourbon BBQ sauce in the fridge, so I can whip up BBQ chicken at a moment’s notice. I like to make extra, then use it for BBQ Chicken Salad or BBQ Chicken Quesadillas. Then I have spare time the next day to chill at the pool!!
I like to season with Adobo seasoning. It’s like adding a little vavoom to salt & pepper.
- 4 Bonless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Adobo seasoning
- BBQ Sauce
- Heat grill to high.
- Slice chicken in half so that it is less thick and will cook faster.
- Rub oil on the chicken and season with the Adobo.
- Cook chicken for 4 minutes, and flip over. Brush chicken with BBQ sauce.
- Cook for 5 minutes more or until chicken is cooked through. Turn chicken over again and brush with BBQ sauce. Flip one more time for 1 minute so that the BBQ sauce will get a little color.