OMG these were so yummy!!! The chicken stays really tender after marinating in the BBQ sauce. Make sure you only partially cook the bacon as it will finish on the grill.
Pineapple BBQ Chicken Skewers
- 1 Cup BBQ sauce
- 1½ Pounds boneless chicken breast cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 Pineapple cut into 1 inch cubes
- 8 slices of thick cut bacon
- Marinate the chicken with ½ cup BBQ sauce for at least 30 minutes and up to 6 hours.
- Partially cook the bacon and slice into 2 inch slices.
- Thread 2 pieces of chicken, a piece of bacon, a piece of pineapple and then repeat on the skewers.
- Heat a grill to high and cook the skewers on high, brushing with the remaining BBQ sauce.
- Total cooking time will be between 8 and 12 minutes depending on your grill.