Well, I haven’t posted since July. It also turns out my last post was for a watermelon margarita. It also turns out I have not logged into my fitness pal in weeks. It also turns out that I have gained 5 pounds! With the relaxed attitude of summer and lots of great pool days, that is to be expected.
It is now back to school and I am ready to get serious and get rid of the 5 pounds. I decided to try the 21 day fix portion nutrition program. I generally just buckle down and eat well and record my meals in MFP but I thought it would be good to combine the 21 day meal plan with it. In case you haven’t heard about it, the 21 day fix is a combination exercise and meal plan that you use plastic colored containers to measure your food. A lot of people have a problem that they “eat healthy” but can’t lose weight. Sometimes it’s just not about WHAT you are eating, it’s about how much. If you are interested in learning more, contact my Beach Body Coach, Kelley Blais, she is very inspirational and has lost 40+ pounds following the program! She can be reached at Kelleyblais@gmail.com.
Now, let’s get back to the good part. Did you see that beautiful looking bowl of pasta? It was delicious and nutritious! The trick is to have a very small portion of pasta and load it with a reasonable portion of chicken and tons of veggies! You end up with a filling and satisfying meal. I also just got Autumn’s new cookbook Fixate and will be posting my favorite recipes from that book too.
*********NOTE***********I will never post a recipe unless it tastes good. As a foodie, I cannot give up my taste principles for weight loss. EVER
- 1 (Red) Boneless Chicken Breast (appx. 4 oz) cut into bite size pieces
- 1 (Green) Zucchini, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 (Green) Grape Tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 Tsp finely chopped garlic
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped onion
- 1 Tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 Tsp dried oregano
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1 (Yellow) cooked whole wheat penne pasta, reserved ½ cup pasta water
- ½ (Blue) Grated parmesan (appx. 1 Tbsp)
- 1 Tsp olive oil
- Heat non-stick pan to high. Add olive oil and chicken. Salt and pepper chicken and cook for 3 minutes.
- Turn chicken and add the tomatoes, onions and garlic to pan. Add the crushed red pepper if using and the oregano. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and chicken broth. Mix well and cook for 2 more minutes allowing sauce to reduce.
- Add pasta, and a little pasta water if needed. Stir well and season if needed.
- Serve with grated parmesan.