How do I begin to describe my love affair with Margaritas if you don’t know me? Um, my Specialized Ruby Bike is named Rita. I do races so I have a legitimate excuse to “replace my electrolytes” with a Margarita with salt. I just love Margaritas. I like different flavors but by far, this classic recipe is my all time favorite.
I am a high maintenance Margarita girl. I rarely will like any I order out. Roses lime juice? WTH, no way, fresh squeezed lime juice all the way. Some tequila with tons of sour mix? Gross! A homemade one with good tequila, simple syrup, cointreau or gran marnier and fresh lime juice? Yes, I will have one please. Straight up if it’s not too hot out. On the rocks if it’s hot. Yes, please salt the rim of course! I am after all, replacing my electrolytes!
- Good Tequila (I like Milagro)
- Cointreau or Gran Marnier
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1-2 Tbsp Agave or Simple Syrup (More if you like it sweeter)
- Salt for Rims
- Using a cocktail Jigger, add 4 parts tequila in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Add 2 Parts Cointreau in the shaker.
- Add the lime juice and agave or simple syrup to the shaker.
- Using the lime, rim the glasses and dip in salt if using.
- Shake well and pour into a margarita glass. If it's really hot, serve it on the rocks.