Gourmet Almond joys. Easy & Delicious!
Author: Emeril Lagasse
- 2⅔ cups (7 ounces) flaked coconut
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ⅔ cup confectioners' sugar
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped (or use morsels)
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut, condensed milk, sugar, almonds, butter and vanilla extract. Mix well. Put the bowl in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to chill the filling.
- Roll about a teaspoon of the mixture into a tiny ball and place on a cookie sheet lined with wax or parchment paper. Chill the cookie sheet for at least 60 minutes (can be done 1 day ahead), you want to make sure they are chilled solid before you dip them in the chocolate.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment or wax paper. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler until it is smooth.
- One at a time, dip the coconut ball in chocolate, I use a tablespoon to do it, flip the ball around until it is coated on all sides and place on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Chill the dipped bon bons for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator. Bon bons will stay good for one week at room temperature but I suggest storing them in the refrigerator. I store them in a ziplock bag in the freezer for up to 2 months.