These were the best gnocchi I ever had. Seriously, the BEST. So light and delicious. I served it with Chicken Braciole and it was AMAZING.
Author: Jeffrey Zakarian
- 2 cups ricotta, drained
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- 1½ Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups flour
- Add the ricotta, parmesan, olive oil, salt and eggs to a bowl. Mix with a spatula. Add the flour ½ cup at a time, mixing the flour each time. You may need to add a little extra flour if it's too moist. Work the dough into a ball.
- Put a sheet of parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle with flour.
- Put ½ cup flour on a work space.
- Cut the dough into 1 quarter.
- Roll the dough into a log about 1 inch wide. Cut the gnocchi one inch long.
- Put the gnocchi on the cookie sheet. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Can be frozen on the cookie sheet and then placed in a freezer proof ziplock bag for later use.
- Boil a large pot of water. Add the gnocchi, one at a time. The gnocchi are done when they float.
- Either mix them with your favorite sauce and serve right away, or if you would like to add a little texture, cook them in a little olive oil in a pan for 2-3 minutes.