**WARNING** This dip is addicting. Proceed with caution. You may swap out low-fat mayo and low-fat cream cheese if you like. Yummy!
Swiss Bacon Dip
Author: Rachel Ray
- 8 slices center cut bacon, chopped
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 rounded teaspoons prepared Dijon style mustard
- 1½ cups shredded Swiss cheese, available on dairy aisle
- 8 scallions, chopped, 2 tbsp. chopped reserved for garnish
- ½ cup smoked almonds, coarsely chopped
- Heat oven to 400.
- Grease a baking dish.
- Cook bacon until brown and crisp, dab the excess oil off and chop.
- Mix together in a bowl the bacon, cream cheese, mayo, mustard, swiss cheese and scallions. Salt & Pepper.
- Put dip mixture into baking dish and cook for 15 minutes. Remove dip, add the almonds to the top and cook for 5 more minutes until the almonds get a little color.
- Garnish with reserved scallions and serve with crackers.