I <3 this salad! Corn, tomatoes, blue cheese, bacon? Hello! It’s a great side dish for the summer grilling season. Sometimes I like to add avocado too. Super quick and easy, this ia a must make!
Tomato Corn Salad
Author: Julie Boyle
Recipe type: Side
- 2 Cups Corn
- 2 Cups Grape or Cherry Tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 Strips of Bacon
- ½ Medium onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Chives, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Crumbled Blue Cheese
- Shallot Vinaigrette
- Heat saute pan. Add bacon and cook until crisp. Remove bacon and chop.
- Add the olive oil to the bacon fat, return the heat to medium. Add onions to pan and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add corn and cook for 3 minutes. Cool corn/onion mixture to room temperature.
- In a bowl, add the tomatoes, corn mixture, chives, blue cheese. Add 2 Tbsp vinaigrette. Mix well and season. Add more vinaigrette if necessary. Be careful not to overdress. Sprinkle bacon on top.