This is my newest favorite go-to salad dressing. It was in Bon Appetit last summer and I made it immediately and used it several days a week for the rest of the summer. The flavor is so perfect and it adds just the right touch to your salad. The original recipe calls for Extra Virgin Olive oil, but I found that too strong for the Rice wine vinegar, so sometimes I will use light olive oil and if I don’t have that, I will use a 50/50 mix of EVOO and Canola oil. I also added chives to it as I always have them in my herb garden, they taste delicious and hell ya they make it look pretty
The perfect light dressing for all the delicious fresh greens you can get at this time of year! I also use it in my Tomato Corn Salad recipe as well. Try it!!
- 3 Tbsp Finely Chopped Shallot
- Juice of ½ Lemon
- ⅓ Cup Seasoned Rice Wine Vinegar
- ⅔ Cup Light Olive Oil (or Canola oil, or a 50/50 blend of Canola and EVOO)
- 2 Tbsp Chives (Optional)
- Salt & Pepper
- Place Shallot thru Chives into a mason jar.
- Add Salt and Pepper.
- Cover tightly and mix well until emulsified. Taste for seasoning. Depending on your taste you may want to add a little more oil or vinegar.
- Try to make at least 2 hours in advance so that they shallots can really blend into the dressing.
- Stays well in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.