One of my all time favorite salads. I make this as soon as I get spring fever and there are decent strawberries out. It’s best in June when Wilson’s has their own strawberries out but it still tastes damn good in April when I am done with winter stews and looking for fresh spring tastes!
The Poppy seed dressing will stay in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks, so make it a few times
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced onion
- ¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ½ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- 1 bag (10 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- ¼ cup almonds, blanched and slivered or roasted
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced thin
- Place sugar thru cider vinegar in a mason jar. Cover tightly and shake well. Season to taste with salt & pepper. Let chill at least 1 hour before serving so flavors meld together. Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- In a large serving bowl, add spinach, strawberries and almonds. Add about ⅓ of the dressing. Mix well and add a little more if needed. Do not overdress.