I have a secret……..I have a new love in my life….De Cecco pasta. Any kind. OMG. Yes, it’s that good. I tried it last week for the first time, spaghetti. It was life changing. Serious. If you had told me before a brand of dried pasta could totally make the difference I would believe you..to a point. However, this De Cecco cooks absolutely perfect, the texture is amazing. It is imported from Italy and just amazing. I used to be a Barilla fan, but no more, De Cecco all the way for me now!!
This is a great recipe, if you like sun dried tomatoes, I highly encourage you to make this!
- 3 boneless Chicken Breast, cut into bite size chunks
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Shallots
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Garlic
- 1 Tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 5 oz. sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- ½ Cup White Wine
- ½ Cup Basil chiffonade
- Grated Romano or Parmesan for serving
- 1 Pound Fusilli preferably De Cecco
- Bring large pot of water to boil.
- Heat saute pan, add olive oil. Add chicken and season with salt & pepper. Cook chicken for 8 minutes. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Cook pasta 1 minute less than directions (it will finish cooking with the sauce). Reserve ½ cup pasta water.
- Add shallots and garlic to pan. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes and 1 Tbsp of the sun-dried tomato oil to pan. Stir well. Add wine, chicken broth and red pepper to pan. Simmer for 6 minutes until sauce is reduced. Add chicken back to pan with the reserved pasta water. Taste for seasoning.
- Add the fusilli to the pan. Stir well to coat and cook for 1 more minute until fusilli is al dente. Add basil to pan. Taste again for seasoning and serve with grated cheese.