Black Bean Soup
Author: Adapted from Dave Lieberman
Recipe type: Soup
- 8 Slices of Center Cut Bacon, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Cups Chopped Onion
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped Garlic
- 32 Oz. Chicken Broth
- 2 Tbsp. Ketchup
- 2 Tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- (4) 15 Oz. Can Black Beans, drained not rinsed
- 1 14.5 Oz. Can Chopped Tomatoes
- Chopped Scallions, Sour Cream, Shredded Cheese, Chopped Cilantro for Garnish
- In a soup pot, heat the oil and add the bacon. Cook for 4-5 minutes until the bacon starts to render the fat.
- Add the onions, salt & pepper and cook the onions with the bacon for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, beans, chili powder, broth, ketchup and worstershire sauce. Bring to a boil, turn to low and simmer 45 minutes.
- Taste for Seasoning and serve with your favorite toppings.