This is an elegant first course dish for a special occasion, or you could serve for 2 as a meal if you like. The combination of the lobster with the creamy avocado and the sweetness of the mangoes is to die for!
Lobster avocado Salad
Author: Julie Boyle
Recipe type: Salad
- 2 Cooked Lobsters
- 2 avocados, sliced thin
- 2 Mangoes, sliced thin
- Baby arugula or Spring Mix
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped shallots
- Canola oil
- Zest and juice from 1 lemon
- Seasoned Rice Vinegar
- Finely chopped chives
- Shuck the lobsters and carefully remove the claw from the shell to keep intact. Slice the tail in half.
- In a mason jar, add the shallots, lemon juice and zest, then add rice vinegar ⅓ of the jar. Add canola oil for the remaining ⅔ of the jar. Salt & Pepper. Shake vigorously. Taste for Seasoning.
- Mix the greens with dressing and arrange on a plate.
- Fan the mangoes and avocado on the plate. Salt & Pepper.
- Mix the lobster with a little of the dressing. Place a claw and ½ lobster on each plate. Drizzle a little extra dressing over everything and sprinkle with the chives for garnish.