I love the combination of the rich steak with the sweet lettuce and the salty blue cheese. This is a great quick weeknight dinner or a great way to use up leftover steak. Flank steak is really lean so it’s healthy too Bonus!
Author: Julie Boyle
Recipe type: Salad
- 1 Pound Flank Steak (or any leftover steak)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Blue Cheese Crumbles
- 4 Shallots
- 1 Tomato Chopped Fine
- ½ Red onion, sliced thin
- Boston Lettuce, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400. Place the shallots and a 1 Tbsp of olive oil in a pan, salt and pepper and roast in the oven until shallots start to get golden, 25-30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add the lettuce, blue cheese, red onion and tomatoes, set aside.
- Meanwhile, salt and pepper the steak, rub with 1 Tbsp olive oil.
- Heat a grill pan on high and cook the flank steak until 120 degrees, about 7-9 minutes total, turning after the first 4 minutes. Let the steak rest with foil for 10 minutes. Slice steak on against the grain.
- While the steak is resting toss the salad with the dressing. Be careful not to overdress, you can always add more. Season the salad with salt & pepper.
- Plate the salad, by putting the greens on a plate, add the shallots and steak to the top.