Ariba, Ariba!~ I love margaritas, all kinds. This one is good when you are feeling a little caliente
Author: Julie Boyle
Recipe type: Cocktail
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 Tbsp Chipotle Chile Powder
- Good Tequila
- 1 Lime
- Salt if desired
- Short cocktail glass
- Place the water, sugar and chipotle powder in a small saucepan. Stir well and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Strain the "Chipotle Syrup" thru a fine sieve and store in a mason jar. Chipotle Syrup will last up to one month at room temperature.
- Slice the lime and squeeze the juice into the cocktail shaker.
- If using salt, use the lime to wet the glass and dip the glass in the salt.
- Add ice to the rim of the cocktail glass.
- Using a jigger, add 4 parts tequila to the cocktail shaker.
- Add 2 parts cointreau.
- Now, add the chipotle syrup a little at a time to see how hot you like it. Start with about a tsp of the syrup. Shake well and pour into the cocktail glass.